“[District 5] badly needs an experienced replacement for termed-out Supervisor Bill Horn.”
“...San Marcos Mayor Jim Desmond… is an easy choice over his Democratic opponent, Oceanside policy analyst Michelle Gomez"
- The San Diego Union-Tribune Editorial Board - October 5, 2018
Elect Jim Desmond: Experience Matters
- 12 years/3 terms as Mayor of San Marcos
- 2 years San Marcos City Council
- 30-year career as an airline pilot and successful entrepreneur
- Navy veteran/ BS in Electrical Engineering from SDSU
- Facilitative leadership with strong financial accountability
- 10+ years in policy-making roles with SANDAG, San Diego County Regional Airport
Authority, and San Marcos Fire Protection District
- Endorsed by all 5 current San Diego County Supervisors
Jim Desmond was first elected Mayor of San Marcos in November 2006 after just two years of service on the San Marcos City Council. A US Navy Veteran with a bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from San Diego State University, Mayor Desmond founded a technology company that he successfully grew and later sold.
Mayor Desmond’s diverse and extensive experience, including his military service, rigorous academic achievements, public service, and starting and growing a small business from the ground up, uniquely qualifies him to serve the people of San Diego County as our next Supervisor.